Is THIS the New Dora?



As much as we may want our children to stay small, they do eventually grow up. That's the idea behind a big change in a popular Nickelodeon character. As the picture up-top shows, Dora the Explorer is lengthening out and dressing more like a pre-teen. Gone is the signature backpack. Nickelodeon is calling this the 10-year-old version of Dora. But here's the hitch: Dora's new image will be used for dolls sold in the Dora Explorer Girls collection. Her image on the TV show will remain the same. Still some parents don't like the new look and feel Dora is growing up too fast. Is the change too much for long-time fans? We'll have to wait and see. The new merchandise will be available in October.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband doesn't like the new Dora and although I tried to explain to him that she will only be changed in stores he did not hear me. Oh well. As long as she remains the same on tv I am cool with her. I understand that they are trying to appeal to the children that have "grown up."

GlitzyLadi said...

I like the idea, my now almost 12 year old loved Dora and when she entered PreK Dora had her ahead of the curve in Spanish. I think the older kids who think they have outgrown Dora may get a "kick" out of this new Dora.

So, Renee', tell your husband he is correct in not wanting your little one watching the older Dora, there are some kids who are older who adored her and would love to see her older. I wish they would make a more comprehensive Dora Spanish series.

Dumb Mom said...

Best part about the new Dora: her ridiculously big head is no longer twice the size of her body! Enjoyed your site:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shawn ... keep Little Dora for the little ones and pre-teen Dora for the older girls. At least her outfit is appropriate for a pre-teen.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin